AC Maintenance by Uni-Serve Air Conditioning
Proper preventative AC maintenance will help you protect one of the most valuable investments in your home—your air conditioning and heating system. And with a trusted AC maintenance service provider—Uni-Serve Air Conditioning—you can trust that your AC system will receive top AC maintenance delivered by the leaders in the area. Air conditioners are a complex system, relying on smoothly operating mechanical, electronic and fluid-dynamic sub-systems to work properly. With motors, blowers, condenser coils, control panels, compressors, coolants, evaporator coils, filters, fins, heat pumps and thermostats, there is a lot that must work perfectly in order for HVAC systems to cool your home or business efficiently. That is why it is so important to schedule regular AC maintenance on your system. Think of it this way: Your automobile requires regular maintenance, and so does your air conditioning system. Ideally, your air conditioning system would benefit from a seasonal AC maintenance check—before the cooling season starts in the spring, and again in late fall before the system is used for heating.
Get in touch with the AC maintenance professionals at Uni-Serve Air Conditioning, serving Kingwood, Pasadena, Clear Lake, Texas, and the surrounding areas of the Houston Metro Area. Find out why so many of neighbors in your area have given Uni-Service Air Conditioning rave reviews. We are a top-rated, industry-recognized, family-owned and family-operated HVAC contractor, in business since 1987.
Why AC Maintenance is Critical to Protecting Your Investment in Your AC System
We recommend replacing the air filters in you air conditioning system at least once a month. While washable filters contribute less to the waste stream, standard one-inch-thick fiberglass content air filters should be replaced every three months or more frequently if you have pets and small children at home. Higher efficiency filters, such as Merv 8-11 filters that are four to five thick should be replaced every year.
Besides changing the filters in your air conditioning system, the AC maintenance team at Uni-Serve Air Conditioning can help you with the complete regimen of AC maintenance.
We offer complete AC and heating services, including:
- Checking refrigerant levels
- Testing for refrigerant leaks
- Capturing all refrigerant to be removed from the system
- Checking and sealing leaking ductwork
- Measuring the flow of air through the evaporator coil
- Verifying the electric control sequence is correct and ensuring that the heating and cooling system do not operate simultaneously
- Inspecting electrical terminals, applying non-conductive coating where required, and clean and tighten all connections
- Oiling motors
- Check the belts for wearing and adjusting tightness
- Checking accuracy and calibrating thermostat
- Cleaning evaporator and condenser coils