Importance of AC Maintenance
There are fewer things as good as coming into your comfortably air-conditioned home after a day out in the sweltering heat. Ac maintenance in Kingwood TX will make this possible. Failure to get an ac maintenance Kingwood TX. will make you feel even more uncomfortable when you get home and find that your AC unit isn’t working well.
Why You Need AC Maintenance Kingwood TX.
Air conditioners are designed with fins, coils, and filters. All these parts require regular air conditioner maintenance service to ensure they work well. If you don’t get an ac maintenance in Kingwood TX to come out and work on your unit, therefore, you are going to have to deal with a decline in the performance of your unit accompanied by a simultaneous increase in your energy use. This means you might end up paying more for using the unit than you would have if you had had a contractor over to tune it up.
Hire a Professional AC Maintenance Contractor in Kingwood TX.
At Uni-Serve Heating & Air Conditioning, we are the go-to air conditioning installation, repair, and maintenance contractor in Kingwood TX. Not only do we provide regular maintenance for AC units, we also find and fix all problems that your unit might have. We also offer heating repair and ductwork services.
When you call us in, therefore, we will:
- Check to see if you have the correct refrigerant amount
- Test your unit for any refrigerant leaks
- Capture all refrigerant that ought to be removed from the system
- Check for, and seal, duct leakage in the central system
- Measure the flow of air through the evaporator coil
- Verify that the electric control sequence is correct and ensure that the heating and cooling system do not operate at the same time
- Inspect the electrical terminals, apply non-conductive coating where required, and clean and tighten all connections
- Oil the motors and check the belts for wearing and tightness
- Check that the thermostat is accurate
Q: How Low Should I Set My Thermostat While Away on a Winter Vacation?
A: Typically, you need to set your thermostat at 60 to 65 F. The thermostat must be high enough to ensure that the basement does not freeze. Since there are pipes in your basement, you need to ensure that the thermostat is set high so that they don’t freeze and/or burst.
Q: How Much Humidity Should I Have In My Home During The Winter?
A: This will vary according to the temperatures outside. On average, the humidity levels are at around 35%. When the weather’s really cold, frost and condensation might build upon them. With an automatic humidistat, the number will be brought down to prevent this from happening.
Q: What does ac maintenance include?
A: AC maintenance typically includes:
- Thermostat setting assessment
- Electrical connection check
- Condensate drain examination
- General operation assessment
- Outdoor unit inspection
- Fan assessment
- Air filter replacement
Added to the above, the air conditioner maintenance service will come with the following additional tasks:
- Coil Cleaning: To clear all dirt and debris from the condenser and the evaporator. This helps keep the unit operating more efficiently. It will also increase the life of your air conditioner.
- Refrigerant Check: Too little or too much refrigerant can lead to waste. You should ensure that your unit is operating efficiently by ensuring that the refrigerant levels are at a good level.
- Blower Maintenance: The air conditioning maintenance contractor we send will adjust the blower components to ensure that there is proper airflow. Additionally, they will clean the blower assembly.
- Examination of Heating Elements: In the same way, we will ensure safe operations by ensuring that your gas and/or oil connections are unblemished and clean and that there are no leaks.
Q: How often AC maintenance?
A: We recommend that you get ac maintenance after every year. This way, your coils will be cleaned and all the motors worked on. If you don’t take care of your air conditioner, it will lose its efficiency and you will end up spending hundreds of dollars on replacement parts earlier than you ought to. Ensure you take good care of your AC unit and it will give you many years of loyal service.
Q: My air conditioner is on and the vents are blowing air, but the air is not cold. What’s the problem?
A: The problem could be caused by many factors. For starters, the refrigerant levels might not be where they are required. Additionally, the fans and systems inside your unit might not be working well. This means that you need to get the ac maintenance service from Uni-Serve Heating & Air Conditioning to deal with all these problems. By the time we are done, your AC unit will be working well and blowing out cold air as required.
Q: I have someone to change my filters on a regular basis. Isn’t that all that’s necessary?
A: Certainly not. You need to do more than just change the filters to ensure peak equipment performance and catch problems before they get out of hand.
If you are looking for ac maintenance Kingwood TX, please get in touch with Uni-Serve Heating & Air Conditioning by giving us a call or sending us an email through the contacts listed on our Contact Us page.